The CL-900 Series Fiber Laser System from Cincinnati Inc. (CI) delivers on high-speed cutting needs for thinner materials at lower operating costs. nLight’s Corona fiber laser, which features programmable beam quality and rapid tuning of the laser spot size, drives the system, optimizing machine tool performance for processing all metals and thicknesses.
To aid the operator in the pursuit of producing good parts, CI developed a human machine interface (HMI) that is intuitive and easy to use. This is made possible through the HMI’s touchscreen display, easy-to-understand buttons and full-size keyboard. The CL-900 is available in a range of table sizes, including 5 ft. by 10 ft., 2 m by 4 m and 8 ft. by 20 ft. It’s also available in a range of power sizes, including 4 kW, 6 kW and 8 kW.
- Dynamic Power Control (DPC) automatically determines the optimum power and fastest cutting speeds for work orders, eliminating the need to rely on cumbersome tech tables.
- Users can switch from small spot size beams to large donut-shaped beams to best accommodate material type, thickness and edge quality requirements.
- Maintenance is minimal for the fiber laser source; most service tasks can be accomplished in less than two hours and do not require uninstalling the laser from the machine.
- Loss of cut detection, crash protection and long optic life are made possible with the machine’s fiber-optimized cutting head.
- For uninterrupted processing, back reflection protection ensures that even the most reflective metals will not harm the laser.