To offer customers even better support in an increasingly competitive environment, Bystronic advances into a new dimension of fiber laser cutting with its 15-kW ByStar fiber laser machine. The high-end ByStar fiber laser features high-precision Bystronic technology, a reliable cutting process for the highest laser outputs, which is well suited for a wide range of applications.
Compared to a 10-kW laser source, the 15-kW ByStar fiber laser’s cutting speeds increase by up to 50 percent (with nitrogen). This gives sheet metal processing companies the ability to achieve higher productivity at a relatively low unit cost.
15-kW ByStar Advantages:
- Enables extended applications in stainless steel and aluminum up to 1.5 in. thick, offering maximum flexibility.
- The Bystronic SSC cutting head cuts all materials types with maximum precision, whether it’s thick or thin sheet profiles.
- A variable telescoping cutting head automatically adjusts the focal length and spot size, and the focal position is set up automatically for each type of material.
- The machine’s BeamShaper function results in smooth cutting edges and high operational reliability across the entire range of carbon steel materials with fluctuating material characteristics to thicknesses up to 1.125 in.
- Utilizing the ByVision Cutting control, operators can run the machine using a smartphone.
- A broad selection of automation solutions are available for the ByStar Fiber, providing optimal material flow.